In September we launched Reimagine: Opportunity, the first innovation challenge in the Partnership for Freedom competition series. Reimagine: Opportunity solicited new solutions to sustainable housing, economic empowerment, and social services for survivors of human trafficking.
We are inspired and thankful for the number of innovative submissions we received. More than 260 organizations representing 39 states submitted 162 applications to the Reimagine: Opportunity challenge.
Today, we are thrilled to announce the Finalists of the Reimagine: Opportunity challenge:
- Accelerated Pathways to Recovery: International Rescue Committee, Inc.
- Article 25 Project: Heartland Human Care Services, International Institute of Buffalo, International Institute of Connecticut, International Institute of Minnesota, International Institute of Boston, Inc., Safe Horizon, Heartland Alliance – Social IMPACT Research Center, Milk Products Media; and Corporate Disk Company
- Collaboration for a Safe Way Home: Covenant House in partnership with LifeWay Network
- The Empowerment Project: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH) in partnership with Courtney’s House and Wider Opportunities for Women
- Homes for a New Horizon: Pacific Gateway Center
- MGH Freedom Clinic: Massachusetts General Hospital, Division of Global Health and Human Rights
- The Networked Survivor: Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking
- New Jersey Human Trafficking Housing Locator: Polaris Project in partnership with the New Jersey Department of Children & Families
- SafeNight: Providing on-demand shelter for human trafficking survivors: Caravan Studios, a division of TechSoup Global in partnership with Aidmatrix Foundation, Inc.
- THRIVE Partnership: Araminta Freedom Initiative in partnership with TurnAround, Inc.
- The Medical-Legal Partnership for Trafficking Survivors: The Medical – Legal Partnership Clinic at the University of Kansas School of Law in partnership with the Institute for Policy & Social Research at the University of Kansas, University of Kansas Medical Center, Rose Brooks Center, National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership
- Value Added Opportunity: GreenHouse17
Learn more about each Finalist’s selected idea by visiting: www.partnershipforfreedom.org/finalists
In January, all Finalists will attend an Innovation Workshop where they’ll meet with coaches from complementary fields who will help them refine and sharpen their ideas to submit final proposals to win up to $1.8 million in funding.
We invite you to stay informed by following #P4F on Twitter or Facebook.